Who we are
IndyKite is building a new paradigm of digital identity solutions, based on a model that
solves for all kinds of identities and the many ways they interact with and inform each other. Identity is the inherent mechanism to enable, secure, and prove trust. Connected data gives us power to ask unprecedented questions for context aware, real-time recommendations, hyper personalization, and fine-grained authorization decisions.
Our solution transforms digital identity from a corporate liability into a business asset.
With IndyKite, the world's 23 million developers have the ability to implement identity controls for 50 billion identities, and all their data.
Why we need you
We apply principles of computer science and engineering to the design and development of computing systems: generally, large distributed ones. And as Ben Treynor Sloss claims, originator of the SRE term, reliability is the most fundamental feature of any product: a system isn’t very useful if nobody can use it. SREs are an essential part of our rockstar engineering team and we welcome you to the team if you have passion and value for thoroughness and dedication, belief in the value of preparation and documentation, and an awareness of what could go wrong, coupled with a strong desire to prevent it. In addition, you will be tasked with the following:
- Design and build reliable, distributed, and scalable production systems
- Advocate automation by removing operation load with software
- Write software in parallel to our product counterparts by adding features and/or building new products
- Build and support software needed for backup or load balancing, in such a way that they can be reused across systems
- Figure out how to apply existing solutions to new problems
- Find ways to improve design and operations of existing systems, to make them more scalable, more reliable, and more efficient, but only up to a point where they are reliable enough.
- Focus on operating all-things services built atop our distributed computing systems, from internal infrastructure, to external services, to our developer community products
- 3+ years as an SRE, DevOps, or infrastructure-focused role
- Knowledge of service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling and load balancing
- Deep understanding of systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Highly skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and resolving root cause of service issues
- Demonstrated skills to effectively work across teams and functions to influence design, operations, and deployment of highly available software
- Experience with running multi-cluster Kubernetes environments and strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security implications
- Experience with large scale distributed cloud service development, infrastructure, traffic management and architecture, GCP preferred
- Experience with digital identity platforms and the world of IAM